The eight pretty cottages are set in tranquil grounds in a secluded valley adjacent to 150-year old Watermouth Castle just 200 yards from the sea. The cottages are located half way between Combe Martin and Ilfracombe on the North Devon coast near to Exmoor and golden surfing beaches.
They comprise the former coach house and stables of the castle, enclosed in their own courtyard, with a beautiful garden at the rear. Watermouth Cove Cottages provide self-contained, comfortable and well-equipped self-catering holiday homes.
The cottages all feature full cooking facilities with ample crockery, fridge [Smugglers Cove has a fridge/freezer] and immensely labour-saving microwaves and dishwashers. There is a laundry room on site with washing machines and tumble dryer, and a public payphone. Each cottage has a colour television with DVD in the lounge. The cottages are open all year including Christmas and the New year.
The cottages offer accommodation for up to eight people. Large groups of up to 40 people can be accommodated, ideal for that family reunion or for special events.
Holiday Cottage Facilities
- Fresh bed linen is provided do bring your own towels
- Cots and high chairs are provided with our compliments - please bring your own cot bedding.
- Electricity meter is open and prices are inclusive now - inc the night storage heaters
- Well behaved pets are welcome - guests are kindly asked to use pooper scoops to keep this beautiful area healthy and safe for children
- Laundry room (Closed during sunmer 2020 until Covid restrictions lifted)
- Pay phone
- Barbecues in the garden
- Swimming Pool - whilst we do not have our own pool at the cottages, Ilfracombe swimming pool approx 2 Miles away has a large indoor pool and sauna. The pool is open most days from 7 am to 9 pm, Saturdays 9 am to 5 pm and Sundays 10 am - 9 pm.
In the back garden are two beautiful patio areas with barbecues, for guests staying in Tidesreach, Beachcomber and Sandpiper.
For animal lovers, the garden at Watermouth Cove Cottages is visited by foxes, rabbits, woodpeckers and jays, together with hundreds of garden birds. Badgers have also been seen late at night. The nearby lake has a multitude of ducks which visit the cottages regularly. Well behaved pets are welcome at Watermouth Cove Cottages and the area is rich in footpaths and trails.
Deliveries to the cottages
- Hot and cold home-cooked meals
- Meat from local Butcher
- Vegetables & Fruit from local shops
Pets Welcome at Watermouth Cove Cottages:
Our cottages are pet friendly.
Well-behaved dogs and other pets are welcome in our self catering holiday cottages.